Monday, May 13, 2013

I Am The Unstoppable Explorer:The Backpacker


I am a backpacker, or a flashpacker at some points. That's why I called myself an unstoppable explorer. I don't let any reasons to stop me from travelling few times a year. With limited budget, with only 12 days annual leave (OMG!), with no prior travel experience -  I will make sure it will not disrupt my travel plan!

The most recent challenges I faces was during my 1st backpacker solo trip to Seoul, Korea from 25 April - 1 May. It was my 1st time ever travelling solo, and it was also the 1st time I'm travelling further than Southeast Asia.


Of course I was kinda scared. Not only it was my 1st solo trip, I was also not well-prepared and money was scarce at that time. The only preparation was just printing out few pages on some guides on where to go, where to stay and where to eat. But Alhamdulillah, I manage to handle all the obstacles by making new friends, using my common sense and with a lot of help from the maps! Some of my plans change due to unexpeced encounters with few Malaysian and new Korean friends - but I was flexible and just go through with it. 



As a frequent traveler, the most esential gadget is my Android mobile phone.It serves as my phone, my medium to connect to the Internet as well as my faithful camera. 


That's also why Astro-On-The-Go is very helpful! Yeah, you can get cable movies from the hotel but most of the time, it is not in English or with a subtitle that I understand. hehe. I'm not exactly a couch potato, but Astro-On-The-Go allows me to explore and watch my favourite programmes and the best of Astro anytime, anywhere.

0 comments:

Post a Comment